Full-time freelancer since 1980:
- The main occupation is running seminars and workshops for choirs, conducers and teachers in the Nordic countries, in Germany, USA, China, Afrika og South Amerika.
- Guest Professor at different high schools in Scandinavia. (for example: Norges Musikkhøyskole, Sibeliusinstituttet Helsinki)
- Guest Professor and activator at training courses and "kick offs" for leaders in business and government agencies. (for example: Nordland Fylkeskommune, Oppvekstetaten i Bergen, NTHU adm, Undervisningsforbundet, Den Norske Legeforening, Kirkens arbeidsgiverorganisasjon, Telenor, Statoil, Kirkens Nødhjelp, m.fl.)
- Honorary Professor at Azerbaijan National Concervatory of Music in Baku
- Conductor and founder of the SKRUK choir
- Conductor and founder of Det Norsk Kammerkor.
- Together with Eric Ericson and Stefan Sköld, founded, and was conductor at the first World Youth Choir
- Concert tours in Europe, USA, South America in Azerbaijan and in Iran.
- 27 recordings with SKRUK and recordings with Det Norske Kammerkor
- In addition to Europe, several of this recordings are released on national labels in Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Turkey and USA
Produser / editor / host:
- Producer of CD-recordings
- Producer of film music and CD recordings for the movies.
- Producer for Oslo Conserthall.
- Norwegian Broadcasting Radio : responsible for task and content and being the host for a for a weekly magazine.
- Manager for task and content and for being host and toastmaster at shows Radio. TV and :
- TV2 Norway : responsible for task and content and for being host/toastmaster at several shows in radio, TV and concert halls.
- involved in starting cultural projects and collaboration across ethnic and religious boundaries through music and choral work in New Orleans LA, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Cuba, Madagaskar, Scopelos Hellas, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Nagaland and Beijing.
- together with the Minister of Culture Azerbaijan, Mr. Polad Bülbül Uglu, and Rector of Azerbaijan National Conservatory, Mr. Siyavous Kerimi, responsible for content and arrangement at "The International Music Festival of Baku"
- several of this cultural projects are documented on CD recordings, and through various radio and TV shows in Norway, and in the countries concerned.
Most of CD recordings is released on the label KKV; Kirkelig Kulturverksted and produced by Mr. Erik Hillestad and the sound engineer Mr. Alf Christian Hvidsteen.
- Den Norwegian Grammy.
- Ole Vig-prisen 1984
- Granted award from State of Lousiana by governor Edvin M. Edwards 1987
- 1. prise for choirs at Gøteborg international Music Festival
- Granted award from State of Lousiana by governor M. J. Foster 1996 for arbeide med utvikling av kulturprosjekt i New Orleans.
- Granted award from Speaker of the House of Representatives at Hunt Downer 1996 for work on the development of cultural project in New Orleans.
- Petter Dass award, awarded by the Norwegian nation wide daily newspaper Vårt Land 1998.
- Sunmørspostens culture Prize 2003.
- Bektas Özen Folk Prize 2004 - from "The Association for Recpect to Art" at Hasanoglan i Ankara.
- Commander of the Royal Norwegian St. Olav's Order. (2018)
Arranger and composer:
- is represented by music arrangements and compositions in school books in Norway, Germany and Austria.